Monday, June 13, 2011

SUMMER 2011!

Hello Friends!


Wow! It's been awhile since I've updated my blog. A lot has happened during these past weeks. I'm currently an intern at Sunshine Gospel Ministries on the south side of Chicago. When I was eleven years old, I knew that I God wanted me working in the inner city with youth and families. I have wanted to serve with Sunshine Gospel since then as well. This summer myself with several other interns and staff are running a day camp (and other high school ministries) to many children (2nd-5th). I am coming up with a drama/acting station. Through this I am seeking to show how we can express Christ through acting and imagination! I am excited to see what the Lord will do, and how He will make Himself real to these children.


I am living in an apartment above SGM with two other wonderful girls. I have learned a lot through these ladies and value their friendship and sisterhood in Christ. The staff and other interns here are becoming more and more like family as the days go on. I love the community God has intended within the vast Body of Christ!


This summer has been a call for change and truly trusting God with things and circumstances I cannot handle. Daily I learn how God is in control of everything and I am not. This lesson has been a humbling one to grasp.


I have enjoyed living on the south side. I have been down here a lot, but not to live for more than a week at a time. It is different in many ways than living downtown at Moody Bible. Through living down here, God has shown me how self-righteous I am with certain situations, and how that needs to be broken – which is happening.


I pray that I will be used of God to impact the children and families in this community. So many have very hard situations they have and are going through daily. I cannot understand most of these situations from my own life, but I know they need Christ and the hope He provides! God is hope, perfect love, and cares for all aspects of who each person is!


We learned about holistic ministry. This means ministry that ministers to all aspects of a person. (Physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and other practical aspects of life) Ministry is not just aiding to the spiritual condition, but all aspects. Some people may only be open to spiritual things once they see that disciples of Christ care genuinely for their specific day to day needs right in front of them. I'm very glad that this has been made clear to the people here.


Thank you for your prayers for everything! God bless you all!


Love in Christ,


Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment